There’s nothing that brings the heat back to your fingers and soul like a cup of hot chocolate. Its rich taste spills into the body and warms from the inside out. And if a pinch of chili is added, you fully wake up and winter apathy becomes hugge. Why are we talking about hot chocolate in the middle of the summer? Because despite the temperatures, we are thirsty for this comfort in a cup, for this kick of the senses that awakens you and gives you energy to enjoy life. And you know very well how we solve our problems: by baking cookies. Today’s recipe has a bit of chili and lots of chocolate for the soul.
They’re soft, but crunchy. Sprinkled with brown sugar, pleasantly spicy and extremely chocolaty. Are you ready?
Cookies Hot Chocolate
What do you need:
- 1 ⅓ teacup flour
- ½ teacup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp chili pepper powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ teacup oil
- ¼ teacup. agave
- 1 teacup Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons. Rice milk
- Pinch of vanilla⅓ teacup fine sugar (to sprinkle)
- ⅓ teacup fine sugar (to sprinkle)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (to sprinkle)
How does the magic happen?
- All dry products go together and mix well.
- The rest of the products are mixed in another bowl.
- You mix slowly and carefully the dry ingredients with the wet ones. You keep stirring and
- Mixing till you have an uniform mixture.
- Shape small balls and squish them with your palm on the baking paper to form the cookies.
- Sprinkle them with the mixed cinnamon and sugar.
- Warm the oven to 175 degrees and put the little balls of chocolate joy. Bake for 12 minutes, get them out and let them cool off.